This Policy and Procedure document outlines the responsibilities that Jazzy J’s Dance Academy undertakes as well as the procedures for new starters and payments. It also includes the responsibilities and expectations during lesson that Jazzy J’s Dance Academe expects of the parent/guardians and students while a member of Jazzy J’s Dance Academe.
Jazzy J’s Dance Academy may change this policy from time to time by updating the website page. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
- The responsibility lies with the parent/guardian to keep Jazzy J’s updated in writing with any vital information regarding the students personal, contact details and medical information etc. and to complete a new ‘Personal Details’ or ‘Consent and Conduct’ forms if or when appropriate. A copy of emergency numbers is be kept on the register, this must be kept up to date.
- Students will be supervised during class time only and parents/guardians must ensure the safety of their children in the waiting, changing and toilet areas. Children must not be left unsupervised before or after their class.
- The responsibility lies with the parent/guardian as to the fitness of the student to attend class and you must inform Jazzy J’s if the student has an injury or medical condition
- It is important that teachers are aware of any learning difficulties the student may have, g. Dyslexia, Autism etc. in order to provide the best possible teaching methods.
- Parent/guardians must inform Jazzy J’s of any allergies or conditions and should inform us of and any actions to be taken.
- If you leave your child with us during the lesson it is the parent/guardians responsibility to ensure that a contact number provided is valid for the duration of the lesson.
- Parent/guardians understand that in the unlikely event that the building needs to be evacuated (i.e. fire or other alarms going off) It is the teachers responsibility to guide the students to the arranged meeting point where a registers must be taken before students are permitted to leave. Any other persons waiting in the building are to make their own way from the building using the nearest fire door (which may not be the same as the students) if any other children are in the building these are the responsibility of the accompanying adult.
Jazzy J’s Responsibilities
- All teachers at Jazzy J’s Dance Academy are fully qualified with accreditation from appropriate bodies, hold a first aid qualification and are DBS checked.
- A copy of the students emergency number will be kept on the register (However, it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure this is kept up to date).
- In case the building needs to be evacuated (i.e. fire or other alarms going off) all teachers have a clear understanding of their responsibilities. The teachers will guide the students to the arranged meeting point where a registers will be called before students are permitted to leave.
- It is the schools responsibility to keep a fully equipped First aid box and cold packs are available for use together with other first aid equipment. Head Injury Advice Information Sheets are available if appropriate.
- In case of an incident – an accident/incident report must be made.
- All personal data will be held in line with the Jazzy J’s Dance Academe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) policy which can be found on the Jazzy J’s website or a hard copy can be requested.
- In the event of a medical emergency where a parent/guardian cannot be contacted the parent/guardian authorizes Jazzy J’s Dance Academy to seek medical advice for the child.
- In the event of a medical emergency the parent/guardian authorizes Jazzy J’s Dance Academy to administer first aid.
- If required the school will contact the emergency services first, then the parent/guardian of the student(s) involved by the telephone number on the class registers.
- Parent/guardians understand that dance is as active an engagement as any sport, and whilst every effort is made to avoid them, injuries can happen. Jazzy J’s Dance Academy accepts no responsibility for injuries sustained via any means other than a teacher’s negligence.
- Consent is required for the students to have photographs and videos taken while the students are at Jazzy J’s. These images are used externally on our website, advertising posters and on social media and to produce a DVD of our shows. Please note we never use the student’s names in any photos/videos we use
- It is the nature of dance teaching that sometimes it is necessary for the teachers have to physical contact with the student, to help them gain understanding of where the body should be or where they should feel a certain stretch to aid correct positioning and posture. Consent is required for the teachers to have physical contact with the students.
- Consent is required to for a member of staff to assist students under 6 years old to the toilet if an accompanying adult is not available
- Please insure all young children have been to the toilet before the lesson starts.
- Pupils should not wear any jewellery that may pose a risk to themselves or others (stud earrings, and jewellery worn for religious or cultural reasons are acceptable).
- Please ensure that the elastics on the students ballet shoes are securely sewn and neither too loose nor too tight.
- Once your child has settled in we ask that all parents/guardians please use the waiting areas provided.
- Water is permitted in sports bottles.
- Students will be kind and considerate to all other students.
- Each new pupil is given a three week ‘settling in’ period. New starters are required to pay a £15 deposit upon joining Jazzy J’s to cover these first three lessons. The first lesson is free, invoices will be issued after the three week settling in period is over and the student decides they wish to continue dancing at Jazzy J’s. The deposit will then be deducted from the invoice.
Please note we do not offer trial lessons to some adult classes as these are not invoiced per term
- Parents/guardians of new starters are welcome to sit in the classrooms and watch for the first few lesson, but once your child has settled in we ask that all parents/guardians please use the waiting areas provided.
Payment of tuition fees:
- Fee are invoiced for a whole term (with the exception of some Adult classes).
- Payment must be made before or on the first lesson back of a new term.
- With the exception of long-term illness, all missed classes are chargeable.
- Half term’s notice is required to terminate classes.
Online transfer (preferred method) Jazzy J’s Dance Academy, sort code: 306364, account number: 31882068. Please reference online payments with your child’s name. Cheques to be made payable to ‘Jazzy J’s Dance Academy’ please write students name and class on the back. If paying is cash please use a named envelope.
Standard class costs:
30 minute class £5.00
45 minute class £6.00
1 hour class £6.50
Additional technique and stretch classes £2.50
When you take 3 or more Jazzy J’s dance classes with us per-household you will receive a discount off your terms invoice (please note this doesn’t include classes that are not invoiced per term).
3+ Classes = 10% discount
6+ Classes = 15% discount
9+ Classes = 20% discount
Weekly Adult Class
For our Adult Ballet and Street Dance classes you are not required to commit to a set number of classes.
The first class is just £5 after the first lesson we have two different way of paying :
- Pay upfront for a ‘Pre-Paid Card’ (PPC) which costs £30 for 6 classes (£5 a class) to be used as and when you turn up.
- Weekly payment just pay when you turn up