Information for the Dress Rehearsal and All Performances
Signing in on arrival
Your Child will need to be signed in. Please note you can not leave your child until they have been signed in and collected by the chaperone.
When you sign your child In there will be 3 different areas –
Area 1 upstairs Foyer For all Baby Ballet – May go straight in with parent once signed in.
Area 2 Downstairs Foyer For all children in the Big Hall and Small Hall
Area 3 Downstairs Foyer For all children Backstage.
The list of who is in which dressing room is up at dancing – please check it before show weekend.
Once you have signed your child in please wait with them in the foyer until their Chaperones call out their names and take them off to the dressing rooms. Parents who are not chaperones on the rota for that day are not allowed backstage.
Hair (2 French Plaits) and make up need to be done for the Dress Rehearsal and all shows If you can do French plaits please do so before you arrive. If you need help with hair and make up we will have people to help – to save time, if you can do it before please do!
Please label every single costume Item – even Socks and head dresses! It is so easy for Items to get lost especially if your child has a quick change. For the Dress Rehearsal and Shows your child will need –
• All costumes clearly labelled either in a garment bag (a lot of costumes came in one) or in a box
• A box to put ALL your child’s belongings in
• A list attached to the box of all the items that are in your child’s Box
• Hairbrush, bobbles hair spray
• Make up – dark foundation, blue/green eyeshadow, darkish blusher, and the old favourite… red lipstick! And eye liner white and black. Boys will need dark foundation
• A onesie or dressing gown to put on when eating (So no food gets on the costume!!) we do not have any spares.
• Snacks – NO NUT BASED SNACKS and nothing that is likely to stain/spill easily and plenty of Drink – there are taps in all backstage areas and there will also be bottled water available for everyone backstage.
• Games/colouring books and pens (nothing to0 big space is limited!!!)
Leaving the show
At the end of the show your children will be brought to the following Area’s. Your child MUST be signed out before you leave.
Area 1 Baby Ballet Sign out in upstairs foyer and leave with parent
Area 2 Upstairs Foyer – please wait for your child’s group to come out of the hall
Area 3 by the stage – please wait for the children to come out from back stage.
The Chaperone’s will hand the children back to parents and they MUST be signed out before they leave.
Costumes and belongings may be left at the theatre over the weekend and obviously on the last show children can take them home! Please label everything with your child’s name.
The Café at the Riley Smith will be open On Monday 26th June and for the entire show weekend they serve hot and cold meals and snacks/treats and drinks. They will be serving a help yourself Buffet which is £3 per child on Friday 30th June from 3:15 and Saturday 1st July in between the 1:00 and 6:00 Show. This will include sandwiches, hot dogs, chicken, sausage rolls, chips, etc as well as fruit, a drink and a cake. The buffet will be open from 3:15. The café will also be serving meals at these times as well if you would prefer that.
If you would like the buffet option could you let me know by Tuesday 20th June by filling in the attached form and handing it in to me. We have to let them know numbers for the buffet. You pay the café on the day for the buffet and they give you a plate. The buffet/café will be in the auditorium. You can also purchase other meals and snacks from the café and it will be open throughout the dress rehearsals.